Welcome to the Supervising Others course. Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it. This course will help supervisors become more efficient. They will also become more proficient with delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations (for themselves and others), providing feedback, resolving conflict, and administering discipline.
- Define requirements for particular tasks
- Set expectations for your staff
- Set SMART goals for yourself
- Help your staff set SMART goals
- Assign work and delegate appropriately
- Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff
- Manage your time more efficiently
- Help your team resolve conflicts
- Understand how to manage effectively in particular situations
- Understand what a new supervisor needs to do to get started on the right path
The purpose of the Pre-Course Assignment is to get you thinking about the supervisory tools that you are already using and where you need to improve. We ask you before your start this course to think about the following:
- What supervisory aspects does your current role include?
- What supervisory tasks would you like to be performing?
- What supervisory strengths do you have?
- What are your supervisory weaknesses?
- Please list three things that you would like to get out of this course.
Take time now to review this assignment, particularly what you want out of the course.